CATHY SEIPP THOUGHT IT WAS OKAY TO MAKE FUN OF AND LAUGH AT HOMELESS PEOPLE.
While reading an article about homeless people, Cathy Seipp thought she would show what a "kind
and caring" person she was by telling all of us about what she learned so far:
"So far I have learned...
1. Life on Skid Row is dangerous and miserable.
2. Most people there are drug addicts and/or mentally ill.
3. They have numerous physical ailments, and a hard time getting good health care.
4. Often they possess wheelchairs -- sometimes because they're handicapped, sometimes just for
5. Hard to know what to do about people who won't take their anti-psychotic meds, but will keep
drinking and taking drugs.
Question: Was there anything in this series that readers did not already know?
Follow-up: How rude is it of me to ask the above question?"